Friday, September 27, 2024

Across the country 4000 miles in a week.

 

I woke up in my own bed at home in Georgia on a Sunday, under a load from Salisbury NC to Houston TX.

1064 Miles. After I delivered in Houston on Monday afternoon I traveled 67 miles to Baytown to pick up at the DC, then 377 miles to deliver to the store the next day in Brownsville TX.
Brownsville is 202 miles from Laredo, where I went to meet this driver bringing truck body parts from Mexico City.  
 
I will take them to Portland OR.

I think I'm going to hell for this slaughter.

  
Thousands of butterflies migrate across the horn of TX. They travel along the arroyos of the Rio Grande and Pecos rivers.


Zapata TX, Verano Arroyo

Onward up 83 to 90, where we passed by Seminole Canyon State Park & Heritage Site. Here's a few pictures not included in the previous post:






Northbound through NM, south of I 40.



Tarantula in the wild.
Northbound through the NM Navajo Nation in the 4 corners. 






Northbound through Utah, stopped to hike around Wilson's Arch








And the next Sunday we arrived in the shadow of Mount Hood.



Ripe plums falling from the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment