Thursday, February 16, 2023

Pedal Promotion Nostalgia

I had a little side hustle start-up in 2017, a bike based advertising business. I took a small business development course with the Athens Land Trust, and followed the best practices they advised in setting up my enterprise with the partnership of two other people. I just found these photos, and I am feeling nostalgic about the experience.  

Logan riding, 
Rachel with Mayor at the time, Nancy Denson. We rode routes through various neighborhoods for Let Us Comnpost.
This customer had us ride to some of their clients and take pictures in front of the houses, with consent of the homeowners. Then, as a part of our service we promoted the photos on social media, a digital yard sign, plus the promotion as we rode through the neighborhoods to get to the houses. We had info with us on the rig to pass out if people expressed interest.
I pitched the idea for this newspaper story and attended monthly local small business owner lunches to network. I got some clients that way, both for the advertising, and also doing plumbing installation work of the system on a food truck.



Hand drawn & printed on fabric to make riding shirts.



I got the sweet little road bike, refurbished and painted it, in an exchange for some welding work I did for a lady I knew who was building her own little tiny house. I built a frame for her AC unit.
The two carts I adapted. They are built out of electrical conduit tubing, and hacked bike parts.
Colin
At the Oconee County 4th of July festivities promoting the event sponsors. 

Promoting bike life
Colin riding.

 See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment