Sunday, August 21, 2022

Epic Journey: The Petroglyphs of Nine Mile Canyon: Utah

 At the end of June I was called away from my life as I know it to go on a epic personal journey. These are some photos from that trip. I can't keep them all just on my phone and I'm running out of space on my google drive, so this is the best place to put them. 

NINE MILE CANYON UTAH:

This amazing place is north of Price Utah, in the north east corner of the state. This is BLM land, not too far from Arches National Park, and there are many rustic campsites..VERY REMOTE, deep in the canyon. Nine Mile Canyon is actually about 50 miles long, and deep into the canyon, in all directions, no matter which way you hike, you will find petroglyphs. Date these artworks from between 400 and 1400 CE. It is a very remote place with very few other people, so if you decide to come be prepared with fuel water binoculars food and time. It is about 40 miles north of Price Utah off of Highway 6. The petroglyphs are on rocks all over the place, it's like an Easter egg hunt. Watch out for rattlesnakes! 





































No comments:

Post a Comment