Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Honey Pot


Scott went up to Black Mountain, North Carolina, to visit his folks. Black Mountain is just a stone's throw away from Asheville, where The Honey Pot is, a funky little hand-made/vintage clothing art shop @ 85 North Lexington Ave. I have sold some of my work there for about a year. Here are some pictures, and if you are in the area, go check it out live and in person!
Recognize the hand woven sheet of lined paper, Heather?! This is the women's shirt of a his and her set, donning a birthday gift to me from Heather Cameron, blogger of True Stitches, one of the most heart-felt and informative blogs I have found about textiles.

There is my little face! Made from 3-D thread illustrations. For how-to see this article in Craft Magazine Blog.Poor Jim, he looks bored. I really like selling in very eclectic shops.....

where my works hangs along side lots of other interesting clothes made with attention and the kind of character that only hand-made recycled wear can boast!
Thank you Scott!

1 comment:

  1. So cool, Gretchen. i love what you did with the "foolscap" cloth.

    ReplyDelete